Repopulation of 9 ha with mycorrhizal-infected holm oak for the production of Tuber nigrum (Palencia)
The main objective of this roject was the setting up of a truffle production operation through the planting of holm oak mycorrhizally-infected with Tuber nigrum.
START DATE: 2013
END DATE: 2013
CLIENT: José Manuel Gutiérrez Ariño
The planting of truffle producing holm oaks is an interesting alternative for productive investments in zones of continental limestone.
The implementation process consisted in the following phases:
- Study of soil and climate
- Writing of a viability report
- Handling the application for grants for the afforestation of agricultural land
- Preparation of the ground using a double cross subsoiling with an 80 cm ripper mounted on a bulldozer
- Manual planting in 6 x 6 hole of certified plants from a specialist nursery in Soria
- Initial watering
- Cynegetic enclosure
- Maintenance (chopping and replacement of fails)